- Copy and paste your story into Word.
- Go to File, Save As. There is a drop-down box that says "Save As Type." Choose "Plain Text."
- go to the archiving interface.
- ALWAYS select "Preview Story." When you upload, it lets you see just how the story will look on the site when you finalize the upload.
- Fill out the rest of the fields.
- click on "Submit"
So long as you've chosen the "Preview" option, you'll be able to see your fic as it will look archived. If you want to change anything, change it in your Word document, then click the "back" button and re-upload it. When you are satisfied with how it looks, change from Yes to NO on "Preview" option. Your story will be archived!